Our Special Holiday Edition

Thank You from Lost Angels


As the holidays approach, all of us at Lost Angels Animal Rescue want to thank you for the support you have given and continue to give to our organization. Each and everyone of you play a critical role in helping our angels find their forever homes. We wish you all a very Happy Holiday and a fantastic New Year!

Look Who's Found a Home!


We've received so many great pictures of our adopted angels, we just have to share.

Angel's new Mom wrote to tell us how well Angel is doing. "She is really coming into her name and really gets along well with other people. Angel likes to sunbathe every chance she gets. I am so grateful to have this little girl!"

Gulliver and his family sent us a great Christmas card. They wrote "Gulliver is doing extremely well and is quite the spoiled dog. We consider him our 'miracle dog'. Thank you so much for all the wonderful work you do all year long with God's creatures." We thank you for giving Gulliver such a loving home.

Remember Dinky? She is the little chihuahua who had 2 broken front legs and a broken pelvis. Surgery was performed on her legs by Dr. Hay an Orthopedic Surgeon. Dinky is now completely healed and is finally with her new family. What a wonderful Christmas she will have!

Caesar's new family sent us this: "Hi, my name is Caesar and I am the luckiest dog in the whole wide world because I have a new best friend named Gabe. Gabe and his parents searched a long time for the perfect new addition to their happy home and I was rescued from the shelter and re-adopted by them to be a part of their family. I love my new home. I have lots of toys, back scratches, treats and go for long squirrel chasing walks, I'm in heaven! Gabe plays with me all the time and we wrestle and play tug of war and I even get to sleep in his bed when I don't snore. I love my new home and my new family and from all the hugs and kisses I get everyday, I know they love me too."


Buster aka Cody is doing well with his new family. They write: "Here is a picture of Buster (Cody). He's about 40 lbs now and doing great. He's got so much energy! He plays really well with both of my other dogs. In fact, he's been really good for my older dog, Gracie. She's a MinPin, about 10 years old, and was getting really lazy. Well, he's turned that around, as they play together all the time, and she's lost weight and looks great! Have a great holiday and a happy new year!"

Love from Juan Valdez-García: "Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I am doing very well at my new home. I was scared and lonely at the kill shelter, way skinny at 5 lbs. The Lost Angels rescued me and took me in. My foster mommy, Glory, made sure I was neutered, got all my shots, and took care of some pesky hookworms. When I met Gretchen and John, I knew they were my forever family. I went home with them right away! Mommy bought me a cozy crate, plenty of chew bones, toys, and treats. I even got a harness collar and an official name tag! I am really safe now, I can barely believe it. I love to cuddle on Mommy's lap, play fetch, and run with her on our "walks". Daddy is fun to play with, too. We run around the house together and act silly for Mommy. I am so happy these days- I even smiled for the camera! Gracias, Lost Angels, for helping me find my home."

Patty is an invaluable Lost Angels volunteer. She adopted all three of these little guys from us. Here are Patty and Brandon with Tyler, adopted March 2005, Sam, adopted March 2004, and Patches, adopted September 2003. What a gorgeous Christmas photo!



This note came to us from Sasha's family: "Hard to believe that Sasha is almost two years old. She is definitely a "pampered" girl and I can safely say she just about has me totally trained now. My sister told me she had never known anyone who had a dog that fit their personality as much as Sasha and I do. She said we have "savvy". And she must be right because we both seem to know what the other one is thinking. Enjoy the pictures and may your Holidays be filled with happiness and joy!"

Chance has found a wonderful family: "I had lost my 13 year old Boxer this past January, and I swore I was not going to get another pet much less a dog or puppy. Max was a special boy, and as much as we loved him, he loved us in return. Well, in September I was on my lunch break and had decided to walk up to Wendy's for lunch. I never made it to Wendy's since I "had" to pass by Petco, and some of the volunteers from Lost Angels were there with puppies and dogs. I passed by this one crate with a Boxer/Hound mix puppy in it. As I looked over at her, she started to wag her tail and that was it, love at first sight. I had to pick her up and love on her for a few minutes. To say the least, Chance came home with me the following Saturday, and I'm still not sure who is happier, her or me. Maybe both of us. I want to thank Beth and the other volunteers with Lost Angels for giving puppies (and dogs) like Chance, and people like ourselves a second chance at a whole lot of happiness. I still feel that Max had a paw in making me want Wendy's that Saturday afternoon in September."

Look at these little cuties. Nellie the little white one was adopted one year ago and Monica is a recent addition to the family. They sure look cute together don't they.


Nicky aka Amos has brought a lot of joy to his family. He's a never-ending source of fun and keeps his brothers hopping. Here he is, in his Dad's arms, in the family Christmas card.






Have You Heard?


Don't forget this great and useful holiday gift - the LAAR calendar! The first annual 2006 LAAR calendar is now available and features adoptees from Lost Angels. It's only $10 and all proceeds go to helping the dogs. Visit our website for more information.


We wanted to share with you a recent PetCo Adopt-a-thon. We are happy to say that we adopted out 19 of our angels that day - a record for us. Here are some pictures of that heartwarming and wonderful experience:

This little guy found his own little boy to take care of him.

This is Rudy. He is still looking for his forever home. Rudy is a 1-2 yr old Dachshund mix who weighs 15 lbs. He is very laid back and spends his days sleeping in bed or laying on the coach watching TV. Rudy would do better in a home with no young children. He is neutered, has all shots, and is micro-chipped. His adoption fee is $150 and he sure would love to have his own family. Please contact his foster mom at (813) 334-8765 for more information.


Good news for Oscar! He found his Dad on this day. Even though he was scheduled to have his leg removed due to avulsion, nerve damage, his new Dad just knew Oscar was his. Don't they look happy together?



This is Opey, a 7 year old Pomeranian mix who weighs only 7 pounds. He is a sweet little guy who just loves to be held. Opey is neutered, current on all shots and is microchipped. His adoption fee is $150 and he comes with one free vet visit. If you have room in your heart for Opey, please call his foster Mom at 813-486-4001.

Arnaldo is a very shy sweet little 6 year old boy Chihuahua who weighs 8 pounds. He is neutered, up to date on all shots, and microchipped. Arnaldo's adoption fee is $150 and he also comes with one free vet visit. Please call his foster Mom at 813-486-4001 to learn more.

I’m Soca. I am a male Terrier mix weighing in at 14 pounds. I have been with my foster family for a year now and sure would love to have a forever home. I am 4 1/2 years old and would do best in a home with older kids. I love to play and chase my tennis ball. I'm so-so with other dogs until I get to know them. I am neutered, up to date on all of my shots, including rabies and microchipped. My adoption fee is $125. If you have room in your heart and home for a cute guy like me, please call my foster Mom at 813-417-2106 or email Lost Angels.


Lost Angels is at the PetCo at Dale Mabry and Fletcher every Saturday from 10-4. We always have some of our furbabies with us as well as a book with all of our available dogs with pics and profiles. Please come by and visit.



To see all of our babies looking for a forever home, please visit Lost Angels Animal Rescue.

Powered by Blogger